The Post full o'BlackBerry cam pics

On Tuesday, July 7th I hit the road in The Really Big Truck with Lola and my best pal at 5:00 something in the morning.  It was going to be a Really Long Day- first stop: San Antonio. (Yeah, one thousand miles- half of the total trip! There's nothing between Phoenix and San Antonio.)





The bulk of the pics follow after the jump...
There were miles and miles of desert and a lot of truck stops between our starting and ending points.  Lola made a lot of new friends!




And I did a lot of this:


And there were miles and hours and states of this:


We got to New Mexico, and saw some Really Big Rocks:

Then more of this:
 

And border patrol in Texas:



Then some flat-topped mountains:


And it got dark and we were really tired.  About 20 hours after leaving PHX, we checked into aloft. It was nice, it was GREAT to get out of the truck and thank goodness for Josh the night auditor.  (As wonderful as it was to stay in good hotels, their parking isn't especially 26' truck + a trailer friendly... even though I'd contacted them to inquire about parking.)

The next two days were much more manageable on the road.  Day two was San Antonio to Baton Rouge, with a stop to visit friends for lunch in Houston.  We didn't take any pics at all... we were already pretty much over it.  It seems as though the 10 was under construction from Houston to Baton Rouge.  Yuck. We arrived in Baton Rouge around 9:00 PM and [SURPRISE!] had parking drama.  After talking to the front desk and bellman on the phone from the street, the bellman finally came out so that we could determine a parking scenario.  It involved parking blocks away under the bridge that crosses the Mississippi and his picking us up in the shuttle.  I gave him a nice tip, but wasn't as impressed with the staff at Sheraton as I was with those in TX.

The next morning I looked out the window and realized I was finally back on the right side of the Mississippi river.  :)





Then we shuttled back to the truck and drove to Atlanta, and it was good to be home.


0 Responses to "The Post full o'BlackBerry cam pics"

Post a Comment